Sunday, October 25, 2015

Missives to Myself: Dear Head

Dear Head,

Yes, I am talking to you Head.  My head.

I just wanted to keep in touch, let you know that the cognitive, imaginative, cerebral me is keeping tabs on the physical me.

I'd like to thank you, Head, for your continuing skill at balancing all your improbable brain weight on my spindly little stalk of a neck.  I consider it a true miracle that heads can continue this daily balancing act, so thank you for not falling off.

I'd also like to thank you for   your continuing work at keeping things on a nice equilibrium up there.   The headaches have been few.   I notice the teeth are doing well also.  And you've kept the wrinkles to a minimum, which I do appreciate.

I do have a few things to discuss.

First, I notice you've been clenching your jaw in your sleep.  This results in me waking up with all sorts of neck tension and I've been told by 2 dentists that I am slowly grinding my tooth enamel away.  If you don't mind, please stop your nocturnal jaw and tooth machinations.  Thanks.

Second, I notice that you've started some redecorating up in the hair.   To be precise, I notice you've started adding a few not-brown hairs.   I have already received some gentle mockery about this.   In spite of the teasing however,  I do not plan on altering your redecorating plans in the foreseeable future.   If you do plan to continue adding these white/silver hairs, please do so in a pleasing design, perhaps to create a dramatic streak of white in one section.

I'm planning on taking a short trip down to the feet next week.  They've been kind of letting themselves go lately and I'd like to encourage them to invest in some nail care and moisturizer.  You know how feet can be.

Oh, and if you visit the knees, please remind them that cold weather is on its way.   You know how they hate the cold.   Personally, I think it is their own fault for sitting criss-cross all those years and just letting the bursitis set in.  Alas, the knees never were ones for thinking ahead.

Have a good week.

Best wishes
Christina


PS--I noticed lately that the eyes are not seeing things as sharply as they could.  You might want to take them to the eye doctor soon.  Just a friendly reminder.

No comments: